Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Productive weekend

OK I'm frustrated!  The whole summary I just wrote somehow got deleted and now I have to start over!  Here it goes...

I had a very productive weekend and accomplished quite a bit!

Friday 3/21- Went to Plucker's to watch the UT game and then went dancing at Grahams with some friends.  I had a great night and my dance card was always full.  I even had one lady stop me while dancing to tell me that I was a wonderful dancer!  I was stoked to receive that compliment!  Of course I give all the kudos to the guys, they have the hard job of leading and making the girls they dance with look good.  ;-)
Saturday 3/22- Slept in until 11:30am!  Then my previous home owner, Darrin, came over to help me out with the hot tub.  I've never owned one before and had no clue what I was doing!  He arrived around 1:30pm, helped me drain and clean the hot tub and even accompanied me to the store to buy the chemicals and test the water.  The hot tub took about 5 hours to get it up and running (I do not want to see my water bill this month   ).  I can't wait to try it out and cross #17 off my list.  To thank Darrin for all his help I supplied him with all the beer he could drink and pizza while we relaxed and watched some of the basketball games.  MSU won and is now going to the Sweet 16!  I crashed around 10:30pm, I was exhausted!  It was nice to spend an evening at home.
Sunday 3/12 - Woke up at 8am refreshed and ready to go!  10 hours of sleep will do that for you.   Went to the 9:30am Church service for Easter, then headed to Home Depot to get some stuff for the house, fixed my back fence (Guinness decided to eat it  ), knocked down a hornets nest (picture me running for my life after spraying them, it was quite the spectacle) and re-potted my sago palm.  Some guys were going through the neighborhood taking care of lawns so I had them mow my yard, trim my bushes in front and lay down mulch.  Now my house looks so pretty!  I just wasn't in the mood to do it myself, plus I didn't have the tools to trim the bushes...and those bushes were growing wild!  Around 2pm I headed downtown to Town Lake for an hour run.  I made it home with just enough time to take a shower and then head back out to my friends house for cards.  There's four of us who get together about once a month to play Hand and Foot and indulge in cheese, wine and pizza.  We called it a night around 9pm and I was back home around 9:30pm.  Needless to say I fell asleep without a problem.  I didn't make it out to the dog park this weekend...there was just to much to do!

#71 - Wear more dresses / skirts (5/?).  I realized that I had forgotten about this item, guess I need to read my list more often.    I've worn a skirt the past two Friday's when I've gone dancing (there's a picture of me in a skirt a couple blogs down) and yesterday I went to Church for Easter and I wore my new turquoise and brown dress (thanks mom!).  Since the weather is becoming warmer I'm sure I'll be wearing more and more skirts/dresses.  Besides, the guys seem to like the skirts I wear when I go dancing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment