Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

#81 - Donate blood at least 3x’s a year (0/9)

So today I tried to donate blood. This is something I've always done since High School.  Well, everything was going smoothly until we get to Travel.  I went to Costa Rica in May and apparently this is a malaria zone (I didn't research it before signing up to donate).  Travel to a malaria zone is a 12 month deferral from date of departure from the endemic area.  So I can't donate until May 4th 2008!  :-( This might screw up my 3x's a year goal.  I think you have to wait 8 weeks between donations...so if I can get 3 donations in before Nov 2008 I'll still be on schedule.  At least I've added a few more items to my list that can replace this one if I fail.  Once the 12 month deferral is past, I'll start back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment