Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Deferred! :-<

#81 - Donate blood at least 3x’s a year (8/9)

Deferred for a year! Dang!  And I was only one donation away from reaching my goal (my 101 expires in Aug this year).  Malek and I both tried to donate blood over lunch, and we were doing fine until we hit the question "Have you gone outside the US in the past 3 years?"  I had been deferred once before when I went to Costa Rica, but we had checked on Mazatlan before we left for our honeymoon and thought we were OK.  Well, we were only OK if we didn't leave the resort/coast.  During our honeymoon we went on a tequila tour located about an hour outside of Mazatlan (away from the coast)...AND which apparently happened to be in a malaria-risk area!  We won't be able to donate again until April 2011.  :-( 

Even though we couldn't donate, we did try, I think we should get points for that.  +1!!!! (9/9)

1 comment: