Pages

Monday, October 1, 2018

Casa 5K (ADC 1)

Oops!  Forgot to post about the 1st race for the Austin Distance Challenge, the Casa Superhero 5K on 9/16/2018!  This race was a lot of fun!  It was the first time I ever ran it, well I should say slowly jogged/walked it as I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot/heel.  There were tons of booths set up with free food and trinkets, lots of people dressed up as superheros and just some good ol' fun!  The race was at 8 am, so not crazy early.  It was probably around 70 degrees and humid!  I ran the race with Karen and Mai, we tried to keep our HR's under 150 so we'd jog slowly for a while, then walk to recover, repeat.  Thankfully this strategy went over well with my foot...it only slightly ached from the race. 

Afterwards we hit up the ADC tent for our free taco and magnet.  Next up were the giveaway booths.  We scored coffee, Amy's ice-cream, free sunglasses, chips and other food items.  My favorite was taking a picture with the 'official' superheros who were promoting the race. 

My race time is not even worth publishing for this entire ADC series as I'm going to have to slowly jog/walk it due to my injury.  😒  Right now I'm stubborn and determined to finish the ADC...but we shall see what happens once I hit the half marathons...





Black Panther for the win!






No comments:

Post a Comment