Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Finally I have a bike!

Malek and the kids surprised me with an early birthday gift when I arrived home from work today.  A new bike!  I've been wanting one for years!  The last time I had a bike was in college.  It really didn't survive the harsh MI winters, I rode it all over campus and even though the snow.  The poor thing was rusted out and was never the same, even after trying to fix it up.  So I donated it to Goodwill.  Now I can finally go for relaxing weekend rides and biking with the family around the neighborhood.  Granted I'll probably only be able to ride for a month or so since I'm pregnant and balance will become an issue.  ;-)  I can't wait to put a baby seat on it and go for a ride just like my mom used to do with me.

This also happens to complete #27 (buy a bike) on my slightly expired 101 list.  :D

Here are some stats on my new bike:
  • Schwinn Suburban Sport 26" Men's comfort bike in RED - cruiser
  • Perfect for riding around town or light trail usage, this bicycle is for all-around transportation
  • Aluminum comfort frame with SR M2000 suspension fork
  • Adjustable comfort stem and suspension seat post
  • Comfort-tuned saddle
  • Shimano rear derailleur with 21-speed SRAM grip shift
  • Alloy linear pull brakes
  • Rustproof 36-hole alloy rims 
  • The 68° seat angle combines with the 80mm-rise handlebars to take the strain off of your lower back


No comments:

Post a Comment