Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

10/10/10!

I had a wonderful birthday this year thanks to family and great friends.

On Thursday, Malek and the kids gave me a bike for my gift.  I absolutely LOVE it!  It's a gorgeous deep red color and now I can ride around the neighborhood with the family.  :)  Malek and I took it out for a nice 45min test drive around the neighborhood on Saturday.

On Friday Malek took me out to Tree House Grill (our fav) for my bday dinner.  We just love hanging out on the patio at that restaurant, under the huge live oak tree with lights strung up everywhere.  It's very romantic and quaint.


Saturday we relaxed and watched MSU absolutely destroy UofM.  :)  GO GREEN!

Finally Sunday arrived 10/10/10! - My birthday!!!
biggringift.gif
I ran the Pflugerville Pfamily 5K Pfun Run that morning at 10:10am with Amanda and Jenn around lake Pflugerville.  I've never run around the lake before, and it was more difficult than I realized.  It was really windy, the trail was loose gravel and narrow, and by 10am the sun was out and beating down on us, making it feel warmer than 68 degrees.  I managed to finish within a decent time:  28:59, a 9:18 average pace.  I'm guessing I came in 4th place in my age group.  Amanda took 1st and Jenn nabbed 3rd.  Congrats Girls!
Later that evening A&J picked me up for my girls only dinner at Maggiano's.  Dinner was fabulous!  We decided to try the classic family style dinner:  2 apps, 2 salads, 4 entrees and 2 desserts.  We ate so much food it was disgusting...disgustingly good!  Thanks so much to my close girlfriends (Amanda, Jenn, Renee, Tammy) for a wonderful evening.

Overall it was a perfect birthday weekend.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment