Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Harvest at Sweet Berry Farm

Two Sunday's ago we took the kids to Sweet Berry Farm for the Fall Harvest. They had quite a few activities for the kids...and each one had a long line to buy tickets to participate.  Needless to say we only did a couple items on the list as it was crazy busy.  We arrived 30 mins after it opened and it was already hopping.  We started off with the Texas Corn Maze, which was actually a lot of fun.  Throughout the maze they had marked city signs with a different hole puncher for each one.  If you found all 12 cities you received a free soda.  I think it took us about 25 mins to complete our mission, but it was well worth it as it was HOT that day and a beverage was necessary.  Then we headed over to the main area to see the animals and enjoy some home-made ice cream.  I love their ice cream and it was the main reason I wanted to go.  :)  The kids also each picked out a small pumpkin to take home.  Overall I thought the experience was just OK...I do not have any intentions of going back anytime soon for the harvest.  The hay rides, face painting, pumpkin painting and making a scare crow were pretty expensive...more than I thought it would be.  But I am looking forward to strawberry or blackberry picking next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment