Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Ouchie....stupid hip

So....I hurt my hip again training for the Cap 10K. 2 weeks ago I over did it and now have a hip abductor strain.  I've had to take the last 2 weeks off running...didn't do anything for 1 week, then last week worked the elliptical and cycling.  That went well....however today was my first day back actually running.  SIGH.  I was only able to do 2 miles on the treadmill before I started to feel the strain, then switched to elliptical for another 2 miles.  And yup, my hip is throbbing again.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.  My Dr said I could run the race...but would probably be in pain.  I know I won't be able to obtain a decent time at all (last year finished in 55 mins...this year looking more like 1hr and 15 mins), and the most I have run is 4.2 miles straight.  Should be interesting come Sunday morning.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment