Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Holiday recap - Plethora of accomplishments

2.5 weeks of vacation and parents in town = many completed projects!

#10 - Use my stand mixer.  My mom and I made Christmas cookies together and I finally broke out the stand mixer.  I've owned this mixer for 8 years and had never used it.  Shame on me....it makes baking so much easier!  Even used it to make our favorite sweet potato side dish.

#15 - Cook home meal(s) (43/143) .  I decided for my parents anniversary to make them a great steak dinner.  I bought some awesome steaks from HEB for the occasion.  Malek seasoned and grilled them to perfection.  I made ranch flavored mashed potatoes and put together a salad.  To set the mood I even lit candles (#83 - Enjoy a candlelit dinner)!
On Christmas day I made eggs Benedict for brunch, my fav!  Yummy!

#40 - Read more than just fiction novels/books (IP).  Finished reading "Eat, Pray, Love" .  Started reading "New Moon"...yes yes, I know this is Fiction...as long as I'm reading I'm OK with it.

#41 - Clean out closets and donate clothes to charity at least once a year (IP, 1.5/3) - I started a pile of clothes in my tub to give to Good Will.  Plan on dropping it off sometime this January.  (Will update to 2/3 once I make the drop)

#64 - Start using anti-aging creams.  My brother gave me the Clinique daytime age defense moisturizer for Christmas.  I think I might also buy the antioxidant night moisturizer to go along with the day cream.  I do have the eye cream as well....just need to remember to use it!  For the past year I have been using Olay's Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer with SPF 30.

#111 - Home Theater System.  Hallelujah!  I have surround sound!  What a wonderful gift from my parents for Christmas.  My Dad and brother hooked it up the same day I unwrapped it.  I'm not used to hearing cars or bullets fly behind me, I find myself turning around quite a bit during movies.   

Home improvements (I love my parents!):
  • Dad changed out most of my light switches to rocker switches (only have the laundry room left)
  • Dad added bronze knobs to my cabinets and drawers in the kitchen
  • Mom helped me change out the curtains in the office and then she worked her magic on curtains in the guest room (using bedsheets!).  These are temporary...just needed something up until I find curtains I like.
  • Mom & Dad couldn't stand the full bed in my guestroom...so they upgraded the bed to a Queen!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. [...] stuff in the new house (Done! 12/24/07) 9. Buy Christmas lights for the house (Done! 11/29/09) 10. Use my stand mixer (Done! Dec 2008) 11. Buy energy efficient light bulbs (Done! 12/17/07) 12. Buy a lawnmower (Done! [...]

    ReplyDelete