Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

#15 - Cook home meal(s) (39/143)

Last night I made dinner for my parents. Usually when my parents come to visit they do all the cooking. It's great coming home to a home cooked meal ready to go on the table. Anyways...they reversed it on me last night and I was nominated the chef for the evening. I made my favorite Swiss enchiladas, Mexican rice and re-fried beans. The meal turned out superb and it wasn't that difficult.

First I poached the chicken with salt and pepper.  After cooking 15 mins, I copped up enough for 2 cups. Then I mixed in green chili verde and jalapenos. Next I warmed up corn tortillas, rolled in the chicken mixture and placed them in a 13x9" pan. I covered them with heavy whipping cream and Monterrey Jack cheese and placed them in the oven for 15 mins. The rice I had started earlier, first I browned white rice and then added in chopped tomatoes, onions, green pepper and chili seasoning. It had to simmer for 25 mins. The re-fried beans were easy...they came from a can. In the middle I put some more jalapenos and topped it with Monterrey Jack cheese and in the oven it went. There were hardly any leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment