Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

2018 Annual Deutschen Pfest 5K and Kids K

Holy moly, I just realized I never blogged about this race! For shame Christina, for shame...

My memory is now a bit fuzzy on the details so it will be a short post.  Our family loves this race!  It's local, only 15 mins down the road, perfect for kids and they serve free beer and pizza afterwards!

This ended up being an excellent race for me this year!  I had a solid run and managed to snag 2nd place in my age group.  It was 75 degrees, partly overcast with occasional rain.  I even remember seeing some lightning around mile 2 and was worried they were going to cancel the race, but we all made it through!

We had a huge turn out for our Pfelly's and love that it's a Team Beef approved race.  Even the littles had a blast, they love getting their medals after the Kids K and exploring the Fire Truck.

I had an official time of 25:35 at an 8:15 pace.  I can't find the results anymore online but Athlinks actually had it!
Malek - 35:17, 11:21 pace
Emma - 34:55, 11:14 pace

Pfelly's!  5/20/2018

Pfelly + Beef

Beef ladies
Family Pic!  DFest 2018
Kids K start

Kids K, Ry in the lead!
Ry and Emma almost done with the Kids K

Carsyn and Emma finishing up the Kids K

2nd place in my age group!  25:39 per my garmin, 8:12 pace

my results



Malek crossing the finish

Emma crossing the finish




No comments:

Post a Comment