Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Running Review

I didn't post a running review for 2016 because I injured my hip and had to sell off all my ADC bibs.  By the very end of Dec last year I was just starting to run maybe 20 mins every other day.  To help with my recovery I joined a neighborhood bootcamp.  Bootcamp helped me to strengthen my core and hips and reboot my fitness and health.  I had gained a lot of weight due to my injury and hit an all time weight high.  Bootcamp and my meal plan helped me to lose 20-25 lbs and strengthen my body again so that I could run!

I was able to run the Texas Independence Relay in March and Deutschen Pfest 5K in May.  I had a couple set backs and residual pain but after June that disappeared all together.  

Then my friend Jenn decided she wanted to run Austin Full for her 40th bday so I begrudgingly agreed to run it with her.  Hence began my training for marathon #3!  So far training has gone really well.  I had one set back in Sept when I broke my right baby toe and couldn't run for a good 3 weeks.  However by the 1st week of Oct I was back at it and was able to run the 80's 8K for my birthday.   ;)  Talk about being lucky!  I've heard some people couldn't run for over 2 months after breaking a toe.  Who would have ever thought a baby toe could be so bloody painful!?!?!

In November I decided to try the Shiner half marathon.  OMG this race is so much fun!.  :)  I will totally do this again next year.  I even got the hubby to come out and run the 10K.  They throw an amazing after party where you get 2 free sausages and 4 free beers!  BEST RACE EVER!

To end the year we signed up for the Austin Rockin' Resolution Race 20 miler.  We had to run a 20 miler anyways for training so why not do a race and get a medal!!  We braved the bitter cold 38-36 degree temps (yes it got colder as we ran), 13 mph winds, oh and misty/overcast conditions for an overall great run!  I took 3rd place in my age group!

Total miles ran in 2017:  744 miles according to Garmin.  Not bad considering my hip injury at the beginning of the year and a broken pinky toe!

Races:
3/25-26 - Texas Independence Relay, ran 13.5 miles total
5/21 - Deutschen Pfest 5K - 26:02, 8:21 pace
10/8 - 80's 8K - 42:32 (garmin), 8:33 pace
11/18 - Shiner Half -  2:02:36, 9:22 pace
12/31 - Rockin' Resolution 20 miler - 3:13:34, 9:41 pace, 3rd place in age group.

Upcoming races for 2018:
1/21 - 3M Half
2/18 - Austin Full
3/24-25 - TIR
April - Cap10K
May 20th - Deutschen pfest 5K 
Sept 30th - 80s 8K (ADC)
Nov - Run for the Water 10 miler (ADC) and Shiner
Dec - Decker half (ADC)
Jan 2019 - 3M (ADC)
Feb 2019 - Austin Half (ADC)

I plan to run the Austin Distance Challenge in 2018-2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment