Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Annual Deutschen Pfest and Kids K

Our annual family pfun run, the Dfest 5K and Kids K was back in May (5/21/2017).  We love this local race; it's close by, great for the kids and they give you free beer and pizza at the end.

This year I was recovering from my hip injury (which happened to start bugging me again the whole week up to the race), so I wasn't sure how I'd perform.  Lo and Behold I surprised myself and ran a 8:30 pace!!!  Thankfully a week after the race my hip seemed to be back to normal, finger's crossed as I have some big races lined up at the end of the year and need to start marathon training in Aug.

I ended up taking 4th place in my age group with a time of 26:02, 8:21 pace.
The hubby took 14th in his age group with a time of 31:36, 10:08 pace.

Results

Family of runners!

Friends and family Team Beef!



Ryland running the kids K for the 2nd time

Carsyn running the kids K for the 2nd time



No comments:

Post a Comment