Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Sarah - Gone but not Forgotten

This morning I lost my fur-baby of 16 years, Sarah.  We were on our morning walk when she passed away.  I'm not really sure what happened as I was walking just ahead of her at the time, I rushed to her side and tried to help her when Carsyn said she had fallen and wasn't getting back up.  I performed CPR and was with her in her final moments, petting her, telling her I loved her, and sorry that I couldn't do more.  I know she lived a good, long life and was loved...it's hard to believe she's gone.  I knew her time was getting close, in the past year her arthritis had gotten worse, she was on pain meds and sometimes would fall and couldn't get back up without help.  I know she's at peace now, watching over us from above, reunited with Guinness and playing with the energy of a puppy, waiting patiently for the day I will finally join her and Guinness.

I love you Sarah and will miss you deeply, you were with me through many of the important times of my life, a constant companion and wholeheartedly mine.  You will forever be in my heart, you took a piece of me with you, you are family.  

RIP Sarah
Dec 2001 - June 6, 2017

Pawprints Left By You
You no longer greet me as I walk through the door. You're not there to make me smile, to make me laugh anymore. Life seems quiet without you, you were far more than a pet. You were a family member, a friend . . . a loving soul I'll never forget. It will take time to heal - for the silence to go away. I still listen for you, and miss you every day. You were such a great companion, constant, loyal and true. My heart will always wear, the pawprints left by you.

The Broken Chain
"We little knew that morning that God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone;
for part of us went with you the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide,
and though we cannot see you, you are always by our side."




Keep running through those bluebonnet fields my fur-baby


loved this pose

play time

Fields of flowers, April 2017




1 comment:

  1. such a pretty dog! and you can tell how happy she is. she was lucky to have been found by you, Christina. you were lucky to have each other!!

    ReplyDelete