Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

BLC Update and MyFitnessPal Obsession

Biggest Loser Challenge (BLC) Update:

We had our 2nd weigh-in last Monday (7/11) and I've lost 3%!!!  My goal for work is 5%, and my personal goal is 7%. I'm very happy with my results so far, of course I had baby weight to lose so that helps.  I'm keeping strong with the 4x's a week workouts.  As of this past Friday I started level 1 of Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred.  I had to wait until 3 months post baby before I could do any ab workouts.  Right now I am SUPER SORE as my core is very weak, it actually hurts to walk and sit.  My new workout plan is to replace the elliptical with the Shred, run on the other days and have 1 (maybe 2) rest day(s) a week.


I also have a new obsession that helps me monitor what I'm eating.  MyFitnessPal is AWESOME and it also has an app for my phone!  I found out about this calorie counter from my friend at My Crazy Life.  The website and mobile app both allow you to enter your height/weight/daily activity level and weight loss goal.  From there you are assigned a base calorie intake goal.  My goal is 1390 a day, egads!  What I love about this app is that I can use the bar code scanner to scan in foods with my camera phone, and it even allows me to add calories back into my day from nursing.  :)  SCORE!  I raved about this app so much that my hubby downloaded it and gave it a whirl.  Now we are both addicted.  It's very entertaining watching my astounded husband as he discovers how many calories he consumes.  He was very dismayed over how many calories are in pizza.  I don't foresee very many Double Dave lunches in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment