Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

#62 - Attend Wurstfest in New Braunfels, TX

This weekend Jonathan and I attended the 48th annual "Salute to Sausage" - Wurstfest!  I can't believe its taken me this long to experience the festival, and I'm half German!  We had a great time, even met up with Monica, one of my co-workers and a few others.  The food was fantastic and the bands entertaining!  It was amazing how much we consumed (food and beer) - thankfully we shared the food so we could try a little bit of everything.   

Food eaten:  Wurstkabob (5 sausages on a stick w/ a bun), fried pickles, sausage cheese balls, crawfish etouffee (yes I realize this is Cajun), potato pancakes with applesauce and a sausage, porkchop on a stick, Belgium waffle fully loaded, roasted almonds, and ended with another Wurstabob.  Yes, we were little piggies.

Beer consumed: 4 pitchers. 

Welcome to Wurstfest 2008!    Yummy potato pancakes, applesauce and sausage!   Jonathan and Christina at Wurstfest   Alex, Monica and Christina at Wurstfest

No comments:

Post a Comment