101 in 1001.. The List!
2. Supervise my parents and help paint my new bedroom and bathroom (Done! 12/18/07)
3. Play paintball (Done! 11/16/2007)
4. Decorate my new house (Done! 12/30/07)
5. Buy new wine glasses (Done! Dec 2007)
6. Plant trees in back yard (Crape myrtles)
7. Pack up all my stuff in the apt for the move (100% complete 12/18/07)
8. Unpack my stuff in the new house (Done! 12/24/07)
9. Buy Christmas lights for the house
10. Use my standing mixer
11. Buy energy efficient light bulbs (Done! 12/17/07)
12. Buy a lawnmower (Done! 3/17/2008)
13. Buy a weed wacker / edger
14. Meet my new neighbors (12/19/07, IP) - I know the neighbors on either side of me...that's about it so far.
17. Use my hot tub at the new house (Done! 3/24/08)
18. Have a house warming party (Done! 4/18/08)
19. Clean out my pantry (Done! Dec 2007)
20. Set up a recycling system in my home (Enrolled! 12/6/2007)
21. Use my fireplace (Done! 3/6/2008)
22. Go downhill snow skiing
23. Go camping at least once a year (0/3)
24. Run a 5 miler
25. Join a co-ed sports team http://www.austinssc.com/ (Done! 1/30/08)
26. Try a yoga class / tape
27. Buy a new bike
28. Compete in a Triathlon
29. Get back into a cardio step class (started 12/12/07) - Still going on Mondays!
30. Beat my Capitol 10K PR [57:39] (Done! 3/30/2008 [55:34])
31. Go snowboarding for the first time
32. Ride in a hot air balloon
33. Fire a gun at a shooting range (Done! 2/10/08)
34. Put my golf lessons to work and actually play 9 or 18 holes
35. Hit golf balls at a driving range (practice practice practice)
37. Join Dictionary.com Word of the Day Mailing List to help build up my vocabulary (Done! 11/20/07)
38. Move all my pictures from Webshots to a better online digital service website (snapfish?). - Havent found one I like...so I renewed my Webshots.
39. Print off a photo book of my online pictures. Use Webshots or blurb ??
41. Clean out closets and donate clothes to charity at least once a year (IP, 1/3)
43. Make a new friend outside of my normal circles (ongoing)
44. Work out at least 3x's a week [IP] (holidays and vacations permitting) - Not always hitting 3x with the gym, but maintaining exercise with volleyball and softball games.
46. Learn to change a tire and basic car maintenance
47. Finish this list! (Done! 11/20/07)
48. Take a vacation to Hawaii or somewhere outside the US - Going to Alaska in July 2009! (Yes I know this isn't outside the US but it's still a trip!)
49. Go to a winery in TX or do a wine tour
50. Take a girls trip
51. Visit JK in Houston
52. Take a road trip
53. Stay at a B&B in Fredericksburg
54. Go to the beach
55. Go somewhere new in the US
56. Drive a motorcycle (I've ridden on them, never driven one)
57. Do more things with my hair besides a ponytail
58. Get an electric tooth brush (advised by my dentist) (Done! Dec 2007)
59. Floss more (IP)
60. Volunteer for a good cause (Done! 12/4/2007)
61. Spend more time outside (Done! 4/14/08 and ongoing)
62. Attend Wurstfest in TX (Done! 11/8/2008)
63. Attend Oktoberfest in TX
64. Start using anti-aging creams
65. Eat out somewhere new (a nice restaurant like Jazz, Trulucks, etc) [IP] (Boiling Pot 4/28/08) - I didn't cross this off because I want to continue trying new restaurants. Have gift cards to Trulucks and North that I plan to use soon!
66. Set up my new computer and figure out how to transfer all the files (Done! Dec 2007)
67. Set up the monkey speakers for my computer that I bought 4 months ago! (Done! Dec 2007)
68. Update the music on my mp3 player (Done! 6/11/2008)
69. Take a sewing machine class
70. Buy a sewing machine
71. Wear more dresses / skirts (23/?) - I've worn more dresses than usual thanks to my mom and all the wonderful dresses she sent me.
72. Get new sleepwear (Dec 2007)
73. Make time for another professional massage
74. Find a new job/role at work
75. Achieve the next level at work
76. Go to a concert in town (Done! 4/28/2008)
77. Go see a band in town (Done! 11/20/07)
78. See an orchestra (Done! 12/26/07)
79. See a play
80. Encourage someone else to do 101 in 1001 (Done! 6/27/2008)
81. Donate blood at least 3x’s a year (2/9)
82. Go on a picnic
83. Do a candlelit dinner
84. Swim in Barton Spring Pool
85. Ascend all 99 steps to the top of Mt. Bonnell
86. Play Frisbee golf again
87. Run around Town Lake again on the weekend(Done! as of March 2008, IP)
88. Go horseback riding again (haven’t been in over 6 yrs)
89. Have a stein-full of brew from Scholz Garten-Texas' oldest German Bier garten. (Done! 8/30/2008)
90. Have a beignet from Crescent City Beignets
91. Buy a new belt buckle (Done! 11/18/2008)
92. Buy a new pair of black everyday sandals (Done! 6/1/2008)
93. Attend a sing a long at the Alamo
94. Work with Guinness on his SA (N/A)
95. Buy a dog run for the backyard or put in a dog trolley (N/A)
96. Take Sarah on a run with me - Does running at the dog park count? :-)
99. Send out Christmas cards at least once during this time period
101. Blog about this list! - I think I'm doing a great job blogging....it's actually fun!
103. Start a bi-monthly rotating dinner club (home cooked meals) - Dont' think this is gonna happen
104. Write a Will
105. Take a photography class - Dont' think this is gonna happen
106. Have a girls weekend (just realized this is pretty much the same as #50..so scratching it off the list)
107. Send a random gift to a friend
108. Go to a rodeo (Done! 3/3/2008)
109. Buy a new vacuum (Done! 7/26/2008)
110. Buy a grill (Done! 8/7/08)
111. Home Theater System
15. Cook at least one home meal(s) a week [i.e. eat out less] (33/143) - Not keeping up with this as I should.
16. Actually use my bathtub and soak in a warm bath at least once a quarter. (1/11) - Again..need to force myself to do this...
40. Read more than just fiction novels/books (IP) - Failing miserably. I plan to read 'Twilight' on the flight to MI this week (yes, this is fiction)...and hopefully read 'Eat, Pray, Love'.
42. Actually use the teeth whitening kit I got 3 yrs ago - Haven't touched it.
97. Take Sarah to the dog park at least once a month (weather permitting) (14/33) - Since Guinness passed away I haven't been as good about this as I should...the dog park was mostly for Guinness to give him exercise since he was so high strung.
98. Watch some movies off the AFI Greatest Movies list - Yah, haven't even looked at this yet.