Pages

Friday, April 20, 2018

Cap10K 2018 - New PR!

I didn't run this race last year as I was still babying my hip, so this year I was determined to run it, especially since this was the 1st year they offered a medal!

A big thank you to Brian and team HEB, their tent rocks every year!  Free ice-cream, breakfast tacos and massages for the win!

This year was unseasonably cold!  We left the hood around 5:15 am so that we had plenty of time to park and hit up the potties.  We were waiting at the start line for almost an hour and hardly anyone was in the corrals.  We figured out later it was because they were all hiding in buildings to keep warm!!  It was 44 degrees at the start, overcast with 3 mph winds.  Burrrrrr!

Pfelly's!

ladies of beef

selfie

The cold weather did make for a great run!  We were only freezing before and after the race...like shivering blue lips cold!  I pretty much stayed with Jessica the entire race, she was my white rabbit.  :)  Thanks to chasing her I hit a new 10K PR!  We actually had the same exact chip time, what are the odds!?

My official chip time:  53:25 at an 8:36 pace for 6.2 miles.
My Garmin time:  53:28 at an 8:30 pace for 6.3 miles

#TeamBeef!

garmin

Pfelly's and HEB tent

1st Cap10K medal!!

We only hung out at the HEB tent for maybe an hour max.  We were all just too cold.  I made sure to get my free massage before we left.  After we got home and took hot showers, we met at Rio Grande for a celebratory lunch of queso and margs!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment