Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Recap

I'm finally getting around to posting about the holidays.  This was our first time in probably 4-5 years that we didn't have family staying at our house.  Normally my parents would come stay with us, but since they moved here over the summer we were visitor free!  Not to mention my hubby's entire family lives here as well.  This makes it really easy to get everyone together for the holidays.  The holidays were extra special this year because it was Ry's very first Christmas!

My mom and I spent an entire day in the kitchen making 5 different kinds of holiday cookies.  Seriously, I'm talking at least 7 hours of baking!  Now that's what I call dedication!
candy cane cookies, murpchen, snickerdoodles, Mexican wedding cakes, outrageous chocolate cookies
Christmas eve we went to the Children's church service where Malek and Emma passed out communion.  Then we came home and enjoyed jambalaya and watched movies.  Christmas morning arrived bright and early.  Not only did the kids wake up super early, but poor Ry was beginning to come down with a cold.  The little squirt didn't let his runny nose get him down though, he thoroughly enjoyed playing with the tissue paper from his presents.  :P  The kids loved their gifts.




I <3 tissue paper!





After we ravaged the gifts under our tree we headed over to Opa and Juju's for our traditional eggs Benedict breakfast and more gift giving.
I ate 3.5 of these bad boys - yum!


glitter TOMS



my first real nutcracker


showing off their new shoes
We had a couple hours to relax after brunch before heading over to Sara & Dana's for Christmas dinner with the Maleks.  Merry Christmas everyone!  Ho Ho Ho!



Sara, Dana and Blake 12/25/2011



Glitter on Emma!

I love Emma's sparkly hat


No comments:

Post a Comment